The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) advises travelers of the following activities within the Mercer Corridor Project Area:
Full closure of Taylor Ave. N from Mercer to Roy, Oct. 7
Taylor Avenue North will be fully closed between Roy and Mercer streets on Tuesday, Oct. 7, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. as crews conduct water line work. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Turns to and from Mercer Street at Taylor Avenue N will be prohibited.
- Travelers from Queen Anne should use southbound Fifth Avenue North to access Mercer Street.
- Local access to businesses on Taylor Avenue North between Mercer and Roy streets will be maintained from Roy Street.
Following this work, Taylor Avenue North will continue to be restricted to southbound travel only through October as crews complete water line connections and paving in the roadway. Travelers from westbound Mercer Street should use Fifth Avenue North to continue north to the Queen Anne neighborhood.
Nighttime restrictions on southbound Dexter Avenue N, from Roy to Mercer, Oct. 6-11
Southbound Dexter Avenue North will be restricted to one lane between Roy and Mercer streets from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly, beginning the evening of Monday, Oct. 6, and continuing through the morning of Saturday, Oct. 11, for water line installation. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- One lane only on southbound Dexter Avenue North between Roy and Mercer streets, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., beginning the evening of Oct. 6 and ending the morning of Oct. 11.
- One lane on southbound Dexter Avenue North will remain open at all times.
- Bicyclists will be required to merge with vehicular traffic.
- Please note this work is weather-dependent and may be rescheduled if inclement weather occurs.
Nighttime lane restrictions on Mercer Street through Oct. 10
Single lane restrictions on Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Ninth Avenue North will be in effect weeknights, from Oct. 6-10 for utility work. The following impacts can be expected:
- The eastbound right lane of Mercer Street will be closed between Fifth Avenue North and Ninth Avenue North from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. beginning Monday, Oct. 6, through Friday morning, Oct. 10.
- The westbound right lane of Mercer Street will be closed between Eighth Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., beginning Monday, Oct. 6, through Friday morning, Oct. 10.
- One lane in each direction on Mercer St. will remain open at all times.
Full closure of Fourth Avenue N and Republican Street between Fifth Avenue N and Mercer Street Oct. 14-24
Beginning Tuesday, Oct. 14 and continuing for ten days, Fourth Avenue North and Also Republican Street between Fifth Avenue North and Mercer Street will be fully closed to traffic as crews make street and sidewalk improvements. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Full closure of Fourth Avenue North and Republican Street between Fifth Avenue North and Mercer Street, Oct. 14 through 24.
- Sidewalks will be closed on the west side of Fourth Avenue North and the south side of Republican Street.
- Drivers accessing the Memorial Stadium parking lot should use the Harrison Street entrance and exit only.
# # #