The first ever HealthFest at Seattle Center offers a broad range of free information and services for individuals and their families to achieve healthier lives, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 25 – 26, in Seattle Center Armory.
The two-day resource fair welcomes the whole community to connect with local health, human, and social service providers – over 40 exhibitors and presenters in all. HealthFest offers free flu shots, health screenings and emergency preparedness tips. Participants may find help in navigating health insurance, collect valuable nutritional and fitness ideas, and join in discussions on health and wellness.
- Group Visits, presented hourly on health topics like contraception, gastritis, skin care, back and neck and what the Affordable Healthcare Act means to individuals and families.
- Seminars on the health benefits — and that empower individuals to develop more mindful eating patterns such as preparation of unfamiliar local winter vegetables, health impacts of processed foods, and tips on deciphering food labeling.
- Free, professional one-on-one financial education and referrals to help people improve their financial stability and achieve their life goals.
- Information about basic food programs, energy assistance and utility discounts, and free/low cost medical benefits in Seattle and King County.
- Assistance with mental health resources, diagnosis, and support in the area.
- Health screenings for hearing, cholesterol, glucose, weight, and blood pressure.
- An Opportunity to register for Optimizing PTSD Treats, a clinical trial offering no-cost, state-of-the-art psychotherapy to all study participants.
HealthFest Exhibitors and Presenters:
AbbVie, American Red Cross, Amerigroup, Antioch Community Counseling & Psychology Clinic, Cancer Lifeline, Community Health Plan of Washington, Consejo Counseling, Country Doctor, Denise Louie Education Center, Group Health Family Medicine Residency, Group Health Neighborhood Health Link, HealthPoint, Hearing Specialty Center, International Community Health Services, King County 2-1-1, Lifelong AIDS Alliance, Molina Healthcare, NAMI, Neighborcare Health, Neighborhood House, Premera Blue Cross, Public Health – Seattle & King County, Real Change News, Saint Vincent de Paul, Sea Mar Community Health Centers, Seattle City Light, Seattle Office of Housing, Seattle Parks & Recreation, Seattle Public Library, Seattle Public Utilities, Senior Services, UW Center for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress, UW Medicine, UW School of Public Health Nutritional Sciences, Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle, Valley Cities Counseling, Virginia Mason, Within Reach.
HealthFest is presented in parallel with Seattle/King County Clinic with Remote Area Medical® offering a broad range of free medical, dental and vision clinic to anyone in need, Oct. 23 – 26, at KeyArena. More information on HealthFest, as well as the Seattle/King County Clinic, is available at Seattle Center Foundation or by calling 206-684-7200.