The City of Seattle activated the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and Joint Information Center (JIC) in support of the Seahawks season opener. Please direct all media inquiries to the JIC using 206-233-5072.
Kickoff is scheduled for 5:40 p.m. and Gates for the free pre-game Soundgarden and Pharrell Williams concert open at 2 p.m. and gates to the stadium will open at 2:30. Participants are encouraged to arrive early and be patient.
The Seahawks game, pre-game concert and other NFL events around Centurylink Field are expected to draw tens of thousands of people into downtown today, likely creating significant traffic impacts before and after the game.
Please allow yourself additional travel time if you’re coming into or leaving the downtown area before or after the football festivities. As always, carpooling and public transportation remain the best of the commuting options. Below are some reminders from the Seattle Police Department:
- Cellular networks may become congested by revelers in and around Centurylink Field. Please help keep cell networks running along smoothly by limiting your calls, texts, Instagrams, tweets, Snapchats and Facebooks, particularly with streaming video.
- If you are attending the game and the concert, enter the stadium using the southern entrances and go straight to your seat and watch the concert from inside the stadium (technology!)
- Enter the concert site at 2nd Avenue and South King St.
- Bringing anything into the game? Make sure it’s packed in a clear, see-through bag!
- Refrain from harassing, threatening, or intimidating fans. That fan in the Green Bay Packers jersey might just be an undercover officer or a security official.
- Updates can be found at alerts.seattle.gov and on www.twitter.com/cityofseattle.
While the Seattle Joint Information Center is activated press should contact (206) 233-5072, email@example.com.