Seward Park Tank Project Summer 2014
Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) will construct a combined sewer overflow underground storage facility in Seward Park to reduce the frequency and amount of stormwater and untreated sewage that overflows into Lake Washington during heavy rain events. The facility will be located under the existing tennis courts and adjacent parking lot area in Seward Park. Construction of the facility is scheduled to begin in January 2015 and will take approximately 28 months to complete. The construction area, including courts and parking lot, will be closed to public use during this period and will be re-built following construction. The map on reverse side shows the project area and alternate parking areas in Seward Park.
Alternate tennis courts nearby include Rainier Beach (8802 Rainier Ave. S), Brighton Playfield (600 39th Ave. S) and Rainier Playfield (3700 South Alaska St.).
SPU’s project team is working to minimize impacts where possible, and create a safe work zone within Seward Park. The construction activities and impacts to park use will vary by season and the type of construction underway. Additional information will be provided as construction approaches and regularly during the construction period.
General impacts will include:
• Closure of the tennis courts and tennis court parking lot during construction.
• Regular work hours between 7 a.m.- 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Increased truck and construction vehicle traffic at entrance of Seward Park and nearby streets.
• Closure of some nearby areas of Lake Washington during in-water construction work.
• Noise, dust and vibration during construction activities.
Stay in touch
• SPU is happy to answer questions and provide any information you need to be informed about this project and its impacts to you and your neighborhood.
Alan Lord, Project Manager
Subscribe to listserv for project updates
Need your information in another language? For interpretation services, please call 206-233-1565
통역 서비스를 원하시면 206-233-1565으로 전화하세요
Para servicios de interpretación por favor llame al 206-233-1565
Về dịch vụ phiên dịch xin gọi 206-233-1565
Para sa serbisyo ng tagapagpaliwanag, tumawag sa 206-233-1565