Action Summary of the Seattle City Council
Full Council Meeting
Monday, May 19, 2014
1. C.B. 118097 PASSED AS AMENDED (9-0)
Relating to City employment; authorizing the execution of a collective bargaining agreement between the City of Seattle and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 77 to be effective January 23, 2013 through January 22, 2017; providing payment therefor; and ratifying and confirming prior acts.
PLANNING, LAND USE, AND SUSTAINABILITY COMMITTEE:
Related to land use and zoning; repealing Section 23.24.046 and amending Sections 23.22.062, 23.24.045, 23.34.086, 23.44.010, 23.44.012, 23.44.022, 23.84A.004, 23.84A.024, 23.84A.046, and 23.86.010 of the Seattle Municipal Code to adopt permanent development regulations to promote compatible buildings on undersized single- family-zoned lots.
3. C.B. 118075 PASSED (9-0)
Relating to the East Marginal Way Grade Separation Project; authorizing the Director of the Department of Transportation, on behalf of the City of Seattle, to execute a Memorandum of Agreement with the Port of Seattle regarding the design, permitting, construction, financing, transfer, use, and related aspects of the project.
4. C.B. 118084 PASSED (9-0) Relating to the Seattle Streetcar; authorizing execution of an amended and restated interlocal agreement with King County for operation and maintenance of the Seattle Streetcar system; and ratifying and confirming certain prior acts.
SEATTLE PUBLIC UTILITIES AND NEIGHBORHOODS COMMITTEE:
5. C.F. 313669 CONFIRMED (9-0) Reappointment and Oath of Office of Raymond Hoffman as Director, Seattle Public Utilities, for a term to December 31, 2017.
6. C.F. 313705 CONFIRMED (9-0)Appointment of Japhet Koteen as member, Historic Seattle Preservation and Development Authority Council, for a term of confirmation to November 30, 2015.
7. C.F. 313774 CONFIRMED (9-0) Reappointment of Julia M. Ryan as member, Seattle City Light Review Panel, for a term of confirmation to April 11, 2017.
FINANCE AND CULTURE COMMITTEE:
Relating to City-owned property under the jurisdiction of the Office of Housing, located in Ladd’s First Addition to South Seattle, lying east of and immediately adjacent to Airport Way South; transferring jurisdiction of portions of Lots 9-16, Block 7 and portions of Lots 7- 12, Block 10 to the Department of Finance and Administrative Services; transferring jurisdiction of portions of Lots 6-10, Block 11, to the Seattle Department of Transportation for street purposes; and laying off, opening, widening, extending, and establishing a portion of Airport Way South.
Authorizing, in 2014, acceptance of funding from non-City sources; authorizing the heads of the Executive Department, Seattle Police Department, Seattle Fire Department, Human Services Department, Department of Parks and Recreation, Department of Planning and Development, and Seattle City Light to accept specified grants and private funding and to execute, deliver, and perform corresponding agreements; and ratifying and confirming certain prior acts.
10. Res. 31520 ADOPTED (9-0)
Of intention to modify the boundaries for the Capitol Hill Business Improvement Area.