Help raise funds to support Seattle Parks and Recreation’s Specialized Programs, which offer activities for youth and adults with disabilities. Take part in the Movin’ for Money swim or walk-a-thon with friends and family on Sunday, May 18, and rack up the donations.
Specialized Programs hosts events such as the Special Olympics, wheelchair basketball, weekend trips, after-school programs, fitness classes and summer camping trips.
Movin’ for Money events include:
• Swimming from 2:30-3:30 p.m. at Meadowbrook Pool, 10515 35th Ave. NE
• Walking from 3-4 p.m. at the Nathan Hale High School track, 10750 30th Ave. NE
• Party and refreshments for swimmers and walkers from 4-5:30 p.m. at Meadowbrook Community Center, 10515 35th Ave. NE
Participants are asked to only participate in one event, either swimming or walking.
The purpose of the event is to raise funds for equipment, special events, summer camp fees, and scholarships throughout the year. It is an opportunity for community members and program participants and their families and friends to show support for Specialized Programs by getting pledges for walking or swimming.
The public can support the fundraiser in several ways:
1) Obtain pledges and swim or walk.
2) Sponsor a swimmer or walker.
3) Make a tax-deductible donation.
4) Come to the event and volunteer, or show support for our participants and family members.
To send a donation, please mail a check or money order payable to “Specialized Programs” at Specialized Programs, 4554 NE 41st St. Seattle, WA 98105.
For more information or to volunteer, please call Specialized Programs at 206-684-4590.
Seattle Parks works in partnership with the Associated Recreation Council (ARC) to bring high-quality, accessible and affordable recreation opportunities to the people of Seattle. For more information on ARC, please see http://www.arcseattle.org/.