What: 34th Annual Carkeek Park Earth Day
When: April 26, 10 am – 9 pm
Where: Carkeek Park Environmental Learning Center, 950 NW Carkeek Park Road
The day’s events include:
- Visit and feed the chum salmon fry at the Imprint Pond.
- Volunteer litter pickup (10:30 am – noon)
- Volunteer trail and forest restoration(10:30 am – noon)
- Scavenger hunt (11:30 am to 12:30 pm)
- Nature walk with naturalist (12:00 pm – 12:30pm)
- EarthKeeper Explorers: Wonders of Piper’s Creek (ages 6-12, 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm)
- Guided tour of Piper’s Orchard (1:00 pm – 2:00 pm)
- Pacific Northwest Natives and the Salmon – history, storytelling, music, and drum circle (1:30 pm – 3:00 pm)
- Wateshed tour with naturalist (2:30 pm)
- Carkeek in the Dark (register with Seattle Parks and Recreation, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Salmon fry release into Venema Creek (8:00 pm)
If interested in work activities or outdoor tours, please dress appropriately including sturdy footwear and raingear. Parking is limited. Please consider walking, biking, carpooling or taking the bus.