Nominations are now being accepted for the 2014 Mayor’s Arts Awards! More than 600 nominations were received last year.
The awards recognize the accomplishments of artists, arts and cultural organizations, and community members committed to enriching their communities through the arts. The six categories include:
- Future Focus: For making a difference in arts education and youth work
- Raising the Bar: Awarded for artistic excellence
- Cultural Ambassador: Awarded for exemplary work across disciplines, as an artist and as an administrator, pushing the field forward from all sides
- City of Creativity: Awarded for raising the profile of Seattle as a City of Creativity
- Cultural Investment: Awarded for investment in our cultural community by an individual, funder, business, donor, or professional development/service organization
- Social Justice: Awarded for deep and lasting impact on areas that matter, such as race and social justice and social equity
The nomination deadline is Thursday, May 15 at 5 p.m. and you can nominate an individual or organization for any of those categories on the Office of Arts & Culture’s website.