Seattle Center Festál launches its year-long series of 22 cultural festivals with Tết Festival – Vietnamese Lunar New Year, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., Jan. 25 and 26, at Fisher Pavilion and Seattle Center Armory. This year, Tết rings in the Year of the Horse.
Tết Festival celebrates the cultural roots of Vietnamese and Vietnamese-Americans by presenting lively arts, music, performances and foods that are unique to Vietnam. Festival-goers will find over 20 food and craft vendors, special cooking domonstrations, children’s New Year activities and Li Xi (Lucky Money) giveaways.
The 2014 Tết Festival schedule includes:
- Ariel Loud and Troy Osaki – piano and spoken word
- Vovinam Viet Vo Dao Martial Arts
- GDPT Lieu Quan and Au Lac Vovinam – lion dances
- Artist Truong Thy and the Ao Dai Fashion Show
- Children’s Vietnamese spelling bee (two rounds)
- Children’s Vietnamese Knowledge Bowl
- Troung Viet Ngu Lac Hong – children’s song and dance
Seattle Center Festál: Tết Festival is produced by Seattle Center in partnership with Tết in Seattle. For a full event schedule, visit www.tetinseattle.org and for more information on this cultural series and other Seattle Center programming, click on www.seattlecenter.com.