On Monday the Council voted to pass Resolution 31499 to create a new committee structure for 2014-5. I will be chairing the Finance and Culture Committee. Councilmember Godden will be vice-chair, and newly elected Council President Burgess will also serve on the committee.
In addition I will also be vice-chair of the Public Safety, Civil Rights and Technology committee chaired by Councilmember Harrell, and serve on the Planning, Land Use and Sustainability Committee chaired by Councilmember O’Brien.
A description of the Finance and Culture committee is listed below:
Finance and Culture Committee : To provide policy direction and oversight and to deliberate and make recommendations on legislative matters relating to:
* the financial management and policies of the City and its agents, including the operating and capital budgets, levies, taxes, revenue, audits, and judgments and claims against the City (the Finance and Culture Committee is the Finance Committee required by the Seattle City Charter);
* oversight of the City’s public works construction projects except as otherwise specified;
* the City Employees’ Retirement System;
* the City Auditor;
* the City’s fleets, facilities, and other administrative functions;
* the Customer Service Bureau; and
* the Office of Arts and Cultural Affairs and other arts and cultural activities, nightlife issues, and public access television (Seattle Community Media).